United Power System provides services for most manufacturing brands of Uninterruptible Power Systems.
Our factory – trained engineers are equipped to provide start – ups, inspections, remedial services, and testing of all units. We ensure a fast response time to all emergency calls. Our field engineers will arrive to your site within 4 hours of your service call to quickly restore equipment to normal operation.
Please see below for further services available:
Services Available -
- Preventive Maintenance
- Installation & Decommissioning
- Emergency Service
- Battery Replacements
- Load Bank Testing
- Thermal Imaging
- Power Quality analysis
Semi-Annual Preventative Maintenance
- Check for Online status, (record any anomalies)
- Perform complete visual inspection of UPS. Record any damage.
- Record system model.
- Record part number.
- Record serial number.
- Record any unit specific identifier number.
- Record all applicable display readings.
- Check alarm history. Record any irregular messages.
- Check fans for proper operation.
- Checks all lights and indicators for proper operation if applicable.
- Verify remote status panel operation if applicable.
- Review system performance with customer contact to address any issues and to schedule any repairs.
- Provide inspection report, with recommendations.
Annual Preventative Maintenance Full Service -
consists of Semi-Annual service, plus:
- Transfer UPS to Static (internal) Bypass. At site contacts approval.
- Transfer Load to Maintenance Bypass. (If applicable). Follow proper operating procedures
- Shutdown UPS to perform internal inspection.
- Perform a complete visual inspection of all internal sub-assemblies, wiring harnesses, contactors, cables.
- Remove covers and check the following:
- AC/DC Capacitors for any irregularities.
- Record part numbers and date code.
- Check all fuses
- Check all contacts to ensure secure connections.
- Verify connections show no sign of discoloration.
- Implement manufacturer field change notices, as possible.
- If possible measure and calibrate, as necessary.
- Measure and record phase-to-phase input, output, bypass and battery voltages and currents.
- Perform temperature checks on all breakers, connections, and associated controls.
- Record all high temperatures.
- Perform all necessary calibrations.
- Clean interior and exterior of unit.
- Re-start UPS following proper operating procedures.
- Place UPS online while operating in Maintenance Bypass mode to ensure UPS
- Return to Static Bypass
- Transfer Load to UPS Static Bypass.
- Transfer UPS Online.
- Perform functional system test upon customer REQUEST.
- Check safety equipment and supplies for current amount and location.
- Confirm proper warning/hazard labels.
Battery Maintenance Service -
- Perform visual inspection.
- Check jar and cover for signs of cracking or leakage.
- Record battery model number.
- Record date code.
- Record number of batteries in each string.
- Record number of strings.
- Perform temperature scan of each battery and record irregular readings.
- Measure and record overall system DC and AC voltage and current levels.
- Measure and record ambient room temperature.
- Measure and record VDC & VAC of each jar/cell.
- Perform conductance testing.
- Check for corrosion on terminal post and connector.
- Provide inspection report with recommendationsWet Cell Battery Maintenance
- Includes all steps above, plus …
- Inspect electrolyte levels and record for future action.
- Visually inspect jars, terminals, connectors, racks, and cabinets.
- Inspect proper operation of ventilation system.
- Check for unintentional battery grounds.